Business Visas

Individuals who wish to travel to the United States for business purposes have several options for which type of Visa they may seek to obtain. Which visa is best suited for the individual depends on whether the person is an executive in an existing company, investing into a new company, or accepting a job offer based on “specialized knowledge.”

These factors, among others, will also determine the length of permitted stay in the U.S. and how many applicants will be accepted in any given year. The following is a list of some business visa options. As experienced Immigration Lawyers, we can assist you in choosing the right visa given your particular circumstances.

  • L-1 Visa: Available for qualified employees to be transferred to a U.S. company as Executives, Managers, Individuals with Specialized Knowledge, as well as their spouses and children.
  • H1-B Visa: For those in a “specialty occupation” with a bachelor’s degree or higher (or equivalent experience), seeking to enter for an available job offer in the related degree or equivalency. (There is a limit of 65,000 visas issued per year and an additional 20,000 visas issued per year to individuals with a Master’s Degree).
  • E1-Visa: Available where there exists a “treaty of commerce and navigation” between the U.S. and a foreign state, and to individuals engaged in substantial trade between the U.S. and the treaty nation.
  • E-2 Visa: Also available where there exists a “treaty of commerce and navigation” between the U.S. and a foreign state, however the E-2 Visa is available to those making a substantial investment in an active U.S. business.
  • O-1 Visa: Available for aliens of extraordinary ability in the arts, motion picture, television industry, science, education, business or athletics.
  • P-Visa: Divided into P-1, P-2 and P-3 classifications, these visas are for individuals involved in arts, entertainment and athletics, depending on whether they perform individually or as part of a group, and whether involved in a reciprocal exchange or culturally unique program.
  • B-1 Visa: These visas are issued for temporary admission as a business visitor into the United States and are often issued jointly with a B-2 Tourist Visa. The business that is normally contemplated for this visa to issue involves Commercial Transactions, Negotiations, Litigation, Seminars and the like.

Contact us at (727) 372-3111 for a free consultation and to discuss more of the specific requirements that are involved in obtaining a business visa.